Prime Circle profile download
Record Label: David Gresham
Band Members: Prime Circle consists of Marco Gomes (bass), Ross Learmonth (lead vocals and acoustic guitar), Dirk Boschoff (guitar) and Gerhard Venter (Drums)
Prime Circle is the epitome of a great South African rock band success story!
South Africa’s foremost rock outfit have gone from a rehearsal room in a small town in South Africa called Witbank to South Africa’s most popular and talked about band since the band’s formation in 2001 – to say that the band have been a success story is an understatement!
Prime Circle released their debut album, “Hello Crazy World”, through David Gresham Records in 2002. After the success of their debut single, “Hello”, the band has been unstoppable!! Radio stations around the country supported the band beyond expectations with all the singles off their debut album reaching #1 status on charts across the board. “Hello” was one of the most requested and most played songs of 2002!! The album has since gone gold and is rapidly approaching platinum status!!
Prime Circle quickly became the most active touring outfit on South Africa’s live circuit, performing in every major club from the smaller towns to the larger cities, and headlining all the major live festivals in the country!
The band have since shared the stage with mega international superstars including Metallica, The Rasmus, Simple Plan, Live, Collective Soul, Paul Rogers (Bad Company), K’s Choice and Kim Lian. The band has also performed at Nelson Mandela’s 46664 concert alongside international greats including Annie Lennox, India Arie, Katie Melua, and Will Smith in 2005.
The band have also had a fair amount of international sell-out shows, with a request so great after their shows in London earlier this year, that the band will be returning to play at the Shepherds Bush Empire in November this year.
On the back of their major success from their debut album, Prime Circle went back into the studio to record what would become their second album, Live this Life which was released in September 2005. After only a few months of the album’s release, the album is already rapidly approaching gold status. The public and the media took to the cd immediately!! With single after single climbing the charts yet again, Prime Circle are showing no signs of slowing down!!!
The music video for the single, “Live This Life” is also one of the most aired local music videos on television to date.
Among their many achievements, it is fitting to mention some of the Prime Circle career highlights:
- The band have been nominated for awards at ceremonies including
- The South Africa Music Awards
- The Crystal Awards (three years in a row)
- The You Spectacular Awards
- The Star In You Kids Awards
- The South African National Cricket Team used the song “Hello” (off their debut album “Hello Crazy World”) as their team song!
- The band were voted as the “Best Local Band” in a Leisure Options survey for the reader’s choice awards in 2005.
- Prime Circle’s debut album “Hello Crazy World” yielded four number one singles – “Hello”, “Let Me Go”, “My Inspiration” and “As long as I am here”. In fact, “Hello” stayed in the High 5 @ 5 on 5fm for 21 weeks! “Hello” was the most played local song on national radio station, 5fm in 2004.
- Compilation requests for Prime Circle songs have seen the band feature on around 20 other albums alongside other local and major international acts
With all their appearances on TV, radio interviews and their huge print media presence – it is no wonder that these rockstars cause wild hysteria wherever they go!!
And now, Prime Circle has released what is sure to be the live dvd of the year, “Living In A Crazy World”. With the success of sales we have seen within days of its release, we have high promise for Prime Circle’s first DVD, giving those who haven’t yet seen this amazing talent live on stage, the opportunity to see Prime Circle live and loud in their living room!
PRIME CIRCLE ARE:
ROSS LEARMONTH – Vocals/rhythm guitar
GERHARD VENTER – Drums/backing vocals
DIRK BISSCHOFF – Lead guitar
MARCO GOMES – Bass guitar